Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas

Wow, it is so hard to believe that Christmas is here...again. It feels like just yesterday it was Christmas, and then shortly after i found out we were pregnant with Rylee. It definately doesn't seem like a year. Not to put a damper on anything, but i've been going through this pregnancy thing almost a year, and have yet to hold a healthy, live baby of our own. I know our situation could be a LOT worse, and i'm not complaining, being as how i'm blessed with my lil Kaylee now, it's just heartbreaking in a sense. To know that Rylee would be here now. And we'd be celebrating his first Christmas with us. Alive. Healthy. *sigh* Maybe it's just hormones. I'm really blessed, so i shouldn't have even brought it up.

On to other things. This Christmas is going to be an awesome one, mostly. We actually kept ourselves in line throughout the year, and we actually had money this Christmas to buy for those who we needed/wanted to. And we're going to spend the holidays with our family, being thankful for the reason for this holiday in the first place. I just have something on my heart, and i feel i could share it without regretting it on here. My husband and his brother are not exactly on speaking terms right now. Long LONG long story...but to make it short, his brother made a few bad choices and lied about some things and Terry is tired of being used and unappreciated. He didn't make the flat out decision to "stop talking" to his brother. His brother just went one way, and we're not supporting that life. SO here it is the holidays, and i'm sure his brother won't even think about Terry. But Terry thinks about his bro a lot. Tonight we gave Terry's mom a special gift...it was a collage of pix we've taken over the years. And even though Terry's upset with his bro right now, he didn't try to exclude him in the pix. There are quite a few with him in them. And when Susie opened it she started crying, and Terry did too. And then it was just an emotional thing, knowing that they care so much, and he probably hasn't thought twice about them. I just hope my husband can find enough strength to get through the holidays without it being so emotional and upsetting for him. I really wish his brother would just call him though. And tell him he loves him. And he doesn't want anything, except to tell him he was thinking about him and loved him. I pray that will happen. I pray that the whole purpose of this holiday can bring this family back together, like a REAL family, not what it had become in the last 6 to 8 months. I know God can do it....I just hope that's part of the plan. His plan. I pray that whatever His plan is, we can welcome it, and accept it with open arms :)

On a completely happy note, i can NOT wait to exchange gifts this year. We got quite a few people some awesome MEANINGFUL gifts, and i can't wait to see their expressions when they open them. I love giving someone something meaningful...something more important than money or clothes or something like that. I like things with sentimental value. Not that money or clothes can't be important, but....you guys know what i mean! lol.

AND...off the subject of Christmas....we're to the point where we start going to the dr every 2 weeks now! So exciting! Tomorrow i will be 29 weeks. Only 11 weeks to go. 77 days. And our lil baby will be here. Maybe sooner than that! wow. My family, as well as Terry's family has been talking about baby showers and such. It's just all so surreal. Wow. <3 I'm getting excited.

So, i've ranted / raved / jabbered enough. Just want you guys to keep a couple unspoken names in your prayers. Prayer can do a lot of things.

" Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. " ~ Phillipians 4:6

<3

2 comments: