Wow. What a day for a Monday. First i start my day off sick. Boo :( After drinking a bottle of water and eating a banana, and a few preggie pop drops, LOL, i felt a LITTLE better. But i didn't really start feeling better until after lunch.
But, i DID get good news. My BFF's baby is doing great. :) I'm so excited 4 her!! WOOT WOOT!! Can't wait til NEXT monday, so we can get some good news too. Please keeps us in your prayers.
So after a long, HOT, blah day, in a sucky workplace, where the time dddddddrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaggggggggggggssssssss out, it's almost time to leave, and my hubby calls me. There's been a really bad wreck right in town. involving a fire truck and a car. All he could see was a bunch of cops, state, county, and town, and a lot of ambulances gathered around the intersection. They were directing traffic THRU a parking lot to keep traffic moving. I let all my employees that were still there know to go around town instead of thru town. I said a prayer for the people involved. I figured everyone would be okay, injured maybe, but nothing fatal.
Then my hubby calls back 2 or 3 more times, and it's worse than he thought. The fire truck flipped over on top of a car. When hearing this i got chills. I said another prayer "God, please please please let these people involved be okay." My hubby tells me to call if i need him. I tell him i love him and get off the phone. So i got in my car, and i thought OMG. I need to call my aunt to make sure none of my family is hurt. (My uncle is Assistant Chief on a VFD, and my two cousin's who are like brothers are members as well......not the one involved in the wreck tho.)
After making sure they were okay (they were actually fighting the fire that RM was going to as back up), i start home. I went thru town, and saw the wreck. It was so bad. I just feel so awful about it.
I wish time could turn around and there be a ONE minute time lapse so that fire truck wouldn't have wrecked. So that people wouldn't have had to lose their lives doing something so brave. My heart hurts for them. For the wives that were not expecting that. For the children who lost their dads. For the other fire fighters in the county that lost part of their close knit family.
We always realize just a little too late how meaningful one's job is. Do you really realize how important a fire fighters life could be to you at any given moment? Could YOU put out a house fire or brush fire that was threatening your life? Could you safely get someone out of a house that was on fire? Could you deal with having to put out a fire, knowing that there are already deceased in the house that's still on fire? Could you?
Most people say no to those things. These peoples lives that were lost today say yes. They were the brave, the strong, the courageous ones that CAN do that day in and day out. They are the ones who ENJOY being that special person that saves someone or their belongings.
I am so sad for these families. God bless them, and anyone involved, directly or indirectly.
"GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN THAN THIS, THAT A MAN LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS" ST. JOHN 15:13
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I volunteered with Boones Mill VFD for a few years and most people don't understand just how close a department is. I knew both of the guys that died but not very well. If I had lost any of the guys I used to run with, it would literally be like losing my brother. I haven't volunteered there for a few years and I still talk to them. They still pick on me like I am their little sister. It would be like a hole was ripped from my chest. I can't imagine what these families are going through. This was a great post! :)
ReplyDeleteAwe thanks babe!!! I'm sure you'll get great news next Monday! I'm praying!!! I also feel horrible about what happened :( It's so sad when someone dies, no matter who it is.
ReplyDeletei agree. my aunt and uncle are like my parents, and i feel so bad about this loss. It's taking a big toll of everyone in the town too. Everyone's distraught about it :( Thanks for the prayers :)
ReplyDelete